1. The speed limit on the road behind Coastal Grand mall is 30 mph. It’s tempting to go much faster, but the police officer typically sitting there will get you every time. That also goes the portion of Carolina Forest Blvd from just before Carolina Forest Elementary school to Highway 501. The speed limit there is 35. And don’t forget, that’s a school zone. Oddly, the speed limit on Robert Grissom Parkway is 45, and right around Broadway at the Beach, it feels like it should be 35 mph. Go figure!
2. Costco is typically a madhouse on the weekends. If at all possible, go during the week.
3. Johnny Rockets, while tasty, is ridiculously over-priced.
4. Always find out the annual or season price amount for any Grand Strand attraction you go too. Often the price equals roughly 2.5 entrances. If you think you’ll go back a few times during the year, buy, buy, buy! We have had Ripley’s Aquarium annual passes, for example, and, thankfully, that’s a place our children would happily go every weekend. A few families I know have purchases a few attractions’ passes and pretty much stuck to visiting them for the year, getting their money’s worth and keeping their children happy. One we get, without exception, is the South Carolina State Parks pass.
5. Family Kingdom Amusement park offers local discount wristbands! They’re a great value and can only be purchased with local ID. Have fun!
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.