Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! Here’s a list of happenings around the Grand Strand this weekend. Enjoy!
- On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, May 13 – 15th, the streets of Little River host the Blue Crab Festival! On Friday, there is a street party from 6:00 – 10:00 PM, with music, food, and fireworks at 9:00 PM. On Saturday, the festival begins at 9:00 AM and concludes at 8:00 PM. On Sunday, it begins at 9:00 AM and finishes at 6:00 PM. Each day there will be amazing food, arts and crafts, music, a kids’ area, and family fun. Here is a link to a map and directions.
- Coastal Uncorked finishes up with a bang this weekend! Paula Deen will be doing a huge cooking demonstration at the Alabama Theatre at Barefoot Landing on Saturday, May 14th at 7:00 PM. Click here to purchase tickets. There are also many other delicious events including beer and wining tastings, special menus, and special prices. I’m not under the impression that any of this is terribly kid-friendly, but hey…this blog is for the whole family. Need a day out, Mom and Dad? Call Grandma and have fun!
- The Myrtle Beach MayFest continues on the streets of downtown between 8th and 9th Avenue North. On Saturday, May 14th, the 282nd US Army Band (full stage band) will put on a free performance at 8:00 PM.
- On Saturday, May 14th from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, the X-Treme Fun Kids Fest will be in full swing! It will be at the X Sports Complex on George Bishop Parkway in Myrtle Beach. Your kids can enjoy face painting, games, inflatables, rides, and shows. Admission is free, but there is a fee for food, drinks, and certain rides. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Children’s Museum of South Carolina.
- Ripley’s Aquarium is hosting another installment of their Saturday Morning Camp series. On Saturday, May 14th, kids can learn about Gabby the Sea Turtle. Children ages 5 – 9 will attend camp from 9:00 – 10:30 AM. Children ages 10 – 15 attend from 10:30 – 12:30 PM. The cost is $14.99 per child. Click here for more information. Click on “May 14”.
Have fun this weekend!
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.