Happy first weekend of summer! With a heat index over 100 degrees almost every day this week, it certainly feels like it. Here is what’s going on this weekend. Have fun!
- Make a cool waving flag toy at Lowes Home Improvement stores on Saturday, June 25th at 10:00 AM. You can click here for more information and to find the store closest to you.
- Michaels craft store, located on Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, is holding a free craft time from 11:00 – 2:00 PM. You can embrace Egyptian culture and create hieroglyphics and a mummy.
- The Bass Pro Shop is hosting their Family Summer Camp on Saturday, June 25th and Sunday, June 26th from noon until 4:00 PM. They will have classes in bird watching, fishing, camping, animal ID, and outdoor pets, just to name a few. There will be a craft, food samples, and a scavenger hunt. Your child can get a free picture of him or herself on the cover of Field & Stream magazine. And from 7:00 – 8:00 PM there will be s’mores! S’more, people! And it’s all free. Count me in! For the complete schedule of events, click here.
- Conway will hold it’s annual Riverfest on it’s historic riverfront on Saturday, June 25th from 2:00 – 11:00 PM. Three will be two stages of beach and country music entertainment. There will be a river raft race, boat parade, golf cart parade, inflatables, pony rides, games, and fireworks. Visit the Conway Chamber of Conway website for more details about the schedule.
- Are your kids Gabbie Rae fans? Meet her and get an autograph at the Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach on Saturday, June 25th form 4:00 – 5:00 PM!
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.