It’s the last weekend of July! It’s less than a month until school starts for local kids. Live it up!
Friday, July 29th –
- The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are playing at BB&T Coastal Field at 7:05 pm. The first 1000 fans will receive a reusable grocery tote!
Saturday, July 30th –
- Get ready to celebrate! It’s Myrtle Waves‘ 26th birthday and they’re letting everyone in Myrtle Beach know about it. Water park admission will be only $19.85 (plus tax) and there will be appearances by Scooby Doo and Shaggy from 10:30 – 12:30 and 1:30 – 3:30 pm. There will also be entertainment and prizes throughout the day. The park is open from 10:00 – 7:00 pm.
- There will be a Myrtle Beach Pelicans pep rally for the whole family at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina from 10:00 – noon! There will be games and prizes, as well as a meet and greet with Splash and Deuce the dog. You can enjoy all of your ballpark favorites, such as hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn and lemonade. The cost is $10 for non-members/$5 for members. Advance registration is required. For more information or to register, call (843) 946-9469.
- Michael’s craft store is hosting a free craft event where children, ages three and up, can make a very cool Brazilian mask from 11:00 – 2:00 pm, while supplies last! You can call (843) 448-0939 for more information.
- Any Jimmy Buffett fans out there? La Belle Amie Vineyard, just outside North Myrtle Beach in Little River, is hosting their annual Summer Parrot Head Festival from noon – 5:00 pm. Admission is $8, with anyone under 18 and over 80 admitted free. Bring two canned or dry goods for donation and receive $3 off admission. Enjoy great food, wine, music, and fun! Bring a lawn chair and there will be no food, beverages, or pets allowed.
- AC Moore craft store has a “Buy and Decorate Free” event where participants can buy the materials to decorate a t-shirt and decorate it for free from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. For more information, call (843) 213-2070.
- The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are playing at 7:05 pm and it’s Yo Gabba Gabba night Muno, will be in the park entertaining fans of the show!
Sunday, July 31st –
- The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are playing again, beginning at 6:05 pm and you can play catch on the field prior to the start of the game.
Have a great weekend! And, as usual, if you know of an event I missed or something coming up you want to make sure I cover, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.