School is out, the temperatures are rising and it’s officially time to celebrate summer! Here is your chance to kick off the season with the chance to will a beautiful Thirty-One bag that has become a must-have for this mom!
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Mary Williams, a local Thirty-One consultant, offering me the opportunity to choose anything from their current catalog, review it, and then give away a new one to a lucky reader. I’ve been to a few Thirty-One parties in the past, have several products in my house, and love them all. How could I not jump at the chance?!
As I perused the catalog, there were a few things that caught my attention. I could totally imagine using the market thermal tote for lunches at the beach or park. I was also dreaming of all the things I could keep in order in the organizing utility tote. It seemed like the perfect bag to sit between my two children on a long road-trip, each compartment filled with something different to do.
What I ultimately chose was the organizing shoulder bag and let me tell you why.
1. While it can be worn on your shoulder, it fits incredibly comfortably across your body, totally eliminating the possibility that it will slip off. Even though my children are not toddlers anymore, there are situations, especially in crowds, when I reach for their hands. Ever take a little one by the paw and have a two-ton purse slip off your shoulder? You’re forced to do this weird maneuver to prevent injury. It’s not pretty.
2. The bag allows you to be totally hands-free. While walking around the mall today, it was awesome to not battle with it while carrying four bags and keeping track of my daughter.
3. It’s just big enough to hold what you need, but not too big that it’s in the way. The zip-up inside comfortably holds my wallet, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, business cards, brush, sunscreen, and if it’s a meeting day, my iPad. I keep my car keys and iPhone in the outside zipper section for easy access. In the back open pocket, I keep my note pad and pen. If I had babies or toddlers, I could easily stick a diaper or two and small pack of wipes in there. There is also plenty of room for necessities like small snacks, band aids, or camera.
4. It keeps what you need close to your body, reducing the risk of theft. If you’re somewhere using a shopping cart, there isn’t a need to sit your purse in the seat. If you’re in and out of stores, there’s no chance you’ll set the bag down somewhere and forget it.
5. It will rock your world in any vacation situation. What truly attracted me to this bag is how I would use it in Disney World. If you look through my last nine trips to the happiest place on earth, you’ll see a collection of bags that just didn’t work out for one reason or another. One recurring character is this small purple cross-body bag that resembles something more like a *cringe* fanny pack. But as smartphones were introduced, this bag that was designed for something more the size of a flip phone became useless. And seriously, as I flip back through the scrapbooks, I realize this happened not a moment too soon.
During our last trip I had this great cross-body purse that was bigger and a lovely shade of olive-green. It was inexpensive and from Wal-mart, but I was certain it would enter beloved status. Two days into the trip, my family kept referring to it as my “satchel” and calling me “Doctor Jones.” I’m not the biggest Indiana Jones fan, but the reference was noted…and not appreciated. Shortly after, the zipper broke, requiring me to actually rip it to get my things out. Waste of money and, apparently, not as cute as I thought. It was time for something durable, functional, and pretty.
As I was reviewing this bag, I began noticing so many friends with it. One said it’s like the “Baby Bjorn for mothers without a baby” because it’s hands-free. She also said it fits tons of stuff in it with plenty of zipper compartments for anything you want to keep separate. She keeps her Kindle in the deep back pocket. She also loves the design and gets compliments on it all the time, even after wearing it for over a year.
Another friend said that she easily fits two Nintendo DS’s and her Kindle Fire in it and also loves the style.
The Thirty-One organizing shoulder bag is perfect for all of the out and about summer holds. It’s the right size and weight. The cloth is very durable and resists stains. The strap is adjustable to just the right length and it’s comfortable on your neck. The fabric options lets you choose something right for your style and preference. You can also have it personalized for that added special touch.
Are you ready for your chance to win one? There are a few steps, but they’re worth it.
Visit Mary Williams’ Thirty-One site, which includes her contact information, and flip through the catalog. In a comment on this post (no posts on Facebook or Twitter will count as entries), tell us which product you would choose and how you’d use it. One comment will be selected at random as the winner.
To be eligible you can only enter one time and must provide a valid email address (which will not be displayed) so I can contact you if you win. The contest runs from Monday, June 4, 2012 to noon, Friday, June 8, 2012.
The prize is one Thirty-One organizing shoulder bag in your choice of fabric and personalization. The prize will be delivered directly to you from Thirty-One. If you are the winner and do not respond to email notification within 72 hours, another winner will be chosen.
Mary Williams, Thirty-One consultant extraordinaire, is available for at-home, office, catalog, or online parties. She also does fundraisers and takes individual orders. She has a Facebook group where she keeps members up-to-date on the latest promotions, specials, and new products. To join it, just click “Join group” in the upper right-hand corner and Mary will happily add you. And as an added bonus, she’ll give anyone who books a party and mentions MyrtleBeachforFamilies.com a 20% in hostess reward!
Thank you very much for reading and good luck!
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.