The news is devastating out of Carolina Forest. About 109 apartment/condo units in the Windsor Green neighborhood are a loss and families are scrambling to begin putting their lives back together. Naturally our community is coming together to help. Today my Facebook news feed is filled with people looking for opportunities to donate clothing, toiletries, other items, and money. I’m going to keep a running list here. Check back often as I’ll update this post as I learn more.
- Carolina Forest Elementary School is accepting donations of all kinds today, March 17th, until 4 p.m.
- Carolina Forest Rental Properties report that they will open today from 2-4 to collect items for the fire victims. People can also drop items off all next week from 9-5. 4006 Postal Way, Suite A
- Debbie McAvey says “I can board a few Carolina Forest dogs in need this week for the families that lost their homes at no charge. Space is limited, so please message me asap if you need me. — at Deb’s Doggersize
- Ron Jon’s is having a Community Fundraiser for those families who have lost their homes in the Carolina Forest Fire on Monday, March 18th from 5 to 8 p.m. A ziti dinner will be served at $7 for adults and $5 for children. There will also be a 50/50 drawing and silent auction. They will also act as a donation drop spot starting at 11 a.m. on March 17th
- Boston pizza Plus in Carolina forest on Oakheart Drive (Ollie’s/old Piggly Wiggly location) is accepting donations and looking for volunteers to help organize them.
- Wednesday, March 20th, Karaoke fundraiser at Tavern in the Forest. See the Facebook event page here for details.
- Monetary donations can be made to the Red Cross by visiting their site at redcross.org, calling (843) 477-0020 or mailing a donation to 3531 Pampas Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577.
If you know of more ways to help, please email me at email@example.com or leave a comment. Thank you and my thoughts and prayers are with those affected. It’s so incredibly sad.
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.