1. On Friday, there are plenty of places to trick-or-treat around town including Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk and Market Common.
2. Burn off all of that Halloween sugar on Saturday at the Dia de los Muertos at the Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum in Myrtle Beach. This family-fun day is free with live music, food, face-painting, and art projects!
3. Head on down to the southend to sample food from local, popular Georgetown restaurants at the annual Taste of Georgetown on Saturday.
4. In case you haven’t heard, Magic Mike XXL is filming in Myrtle Beach next week, and they are casting extras for the movie this Saturday!
5. As a soup-lover, my favorite event of the year is the annual Souper Supper, which features soup tastings from local restaurants. Think that doesn’t sound filling? Think again – you won’t leave hungry!
This series of local things to do during the weekend is written by Myrtle Beach for Families Contributor Hatton Gravely. Have your kids been begging for the Snackeez? Read Hatton’s review of the As Seen On TV all-in-one snack solution on her blog, Freshmom.
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.