Baby, it’s COLD outside! It’s not just us in Myrtle Beach – did you know all 50 states experienced 32 degrees or lower temps this week? It’s time to start celebrating Christmas this weekend with a few festive events around town:
1. Kick off the weekend at Barefoot Landing’s Annual Lighting of the Landing on Friday with fireworks at 7:00 pm followed by Santa’s arrival in front of Christmas Mouse.
2. May the odds be ever in your favor: Hunger Games – Mockingjay is out this weekend in theaters!
3. Do you have a dinosaur lover in your family? Check out the Discover the Dinosaurs interactive exhibit at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Wear a holiday costume and head over to Broadway at the Beach to participate in the Jingle Bell Run & Walk 5k on Saturday afternoon.
5. The Palace Theater presents Broadway at the Beach’s 20th Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, which features live performances beginning at 6:00 pm and a fireworks show at 8:00 pm on Saturday evening.
6. It’s not too late to get your tickets for Afternoon Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy, put on by the Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre.
Hatton is a guest contributor, and writes over at Freshmom. Check out her gift guide for wine lovers if you need some early shopping ideas for hostess gifts or friends that made your nice list this year!
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.
Leave a Reply