Have you noticed it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas? Retailers seem to shove the Halloween in the corner and break out the Christmas deals, decor, and displays earlier and earlier each year. And, truth be told, we’re saying “Let’s add that to your Santa list!” as a good alternative to “no” for every toy request lately.
Here’s a round-up of things to do in Myrtle Beach this weekend!
1. On Saturday morning, the town of Conway hosts their annual Snowball Drop, which sounds like a sight to see: they fire 1,500 ping pong balls into the air using a “snowball canon” for participants to catch, and then redeem the “snowballs” in the local stores for discounts and gifts.
2. Enjoy all-you-can-eat oysters, a Lowcountry buffet (BBQ, chicken bog, hot dogs & more) and live music creek-front at the 11th Annual Murrells Inlet 2020 Oyster Roast. The event is on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Carolina Forest Elementary School is holding their annual Founder’s Day from noon to 4 p.m. and it will feature inflatables, food, games, prizes, vendors, and more. It’s fun for the whole family and supports a great cause!
4. Pirates Voyage kicks off their Christmas Show this Friday evening! You can get a sneak peek at the show here.
5. The Carolina Opry Christmas Special begins this week, and runs throughout the holiday season.
6. Big Hero 6 & Big Hero 6 HD hit the box office this weekend, and the movie featuring a Marshmallow-Man-Look-Alike Robot looks very entertaining. (Also, if you haven’t seen The Book of Life yet, it’s still in theaters and we loved it!)
This series of local things to do during the weekend is written by Myrtle Beach for Families Contributor Hatton Gravely. Check out her latest post on Handwritten Thank You Note Samples on her blog, Freshmom.
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.