Turkey Day is almost here, kicking off the official holiday season (at least in my opinion. I think retailers decided Halloween is the new Thanksgiving and kicked off the Christmas season last month!) Here’s a round-up of runs, shopping & events to keep your family busy after you’ve had your fill of turkey tomorrow:
1. Burn off the calories at the annual Myrtle Beach & Surfside Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning!
2. The Market Common hosts its annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on Black Friday with live entertainment! They also host a “holiday bazaar” beginning at 2pm.
3. Enjoy the spectacular lights show this weekend at Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland at the Pelicans Stadium, open every night throughout the holiday season.
4. Did you know Thanksgiving is one of the biggest days of the year to see a movie in the theater? Head to one of the local theaters with your family after you’ve had your turkey, and watch a movie on the big screen! Family friendly movies out this week include Penguins of Madagascar, Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas and Big Hero 6.
5. Of course, the Black Friday shopping frenzy will commence on actual Thanksgiving Day for many retailers in the area, but you can always wait until Friday to head out to score some great deals. Check out local shopping center and store hours here.
6. Shop Small this Saturday and support locally owned small businesses! If you have an American Express, you can sign up online to be rewarded for shopping at participating businesses this Saturday.
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.