My name is Melissa Byers and this site is a one-woman show, written locally and with much love for the greater Grand Strand. My husband and I moved to Myrtle Beach more than a decade ago and raised our family here.
MyrtleBeachforFamilies.com was developed to be a resource for those living in and visiting the Grand Strand area. My focus is on highlighting high quality experiences and businesses, while always keeping an eye on value.
For those looking for a freelance writing and editing professional, good news. You’ve found her. For more writing samples, have a look at my contributions to the best and most popular parenting blog on the planet, the BabyCenter blog. I’ve also had the pleasure of writing and editing for other fantastic sites including KidsCanGiveToo.com, AOL Travel, and Vacatia.com. I’d love to talk to you about your project.
I’m available to:
- write Myrtle Beach content for your site or publication.
- offer expert advice or interview on traveling to/from or living in the Grand Strand area.
- travel and review your resort, destination, and experience.
- offer parenting advice as a contribution to your site, publication, or as an interview. Check out this interview we did for WPDE.
- do product reviews.
- visit your business or attraction and review it.
- promote your event.
- offer giveaways.
- graphically advertise your business on MyrtleBeachforFamilies.com.
- feature your business or product on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, SnapChat, and Instagram.
- feature your business or product in a video.
- edit your content. Real estate agents, I’m talking to you. I adore you, but your descriptions need work and I’m here to help. Everyone else, never underestimate how harshly a potential client or customer may (unfairly) judge you based solely on an untidy website or advertising materials. I’m here to make you look good!
I’ve worked with many local and national brands. They include:
- Ripley’s Attractions
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- 810 North Myrtle Beach
- The Original Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure
- Color Vibe 5K
Myrtle Beach for Families has 2100+ on Facebook, 1400+ followers on Twitter, and 900+ followers on Instagram as of May 2020. My audience is made up of a group of highly engaged locals and visitors who like, comment, and share frequently. I’m an influencer among parents and families, especially for restaurants, attractions, travel destinations, and products. Myrtle Beach for Families gets 78,000+ page views.
For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.