It just hit me today. There’s only five weeks before we’re back-to-school here in Horry County. Between trips, camps, and work, I feel like we’ve been ridiculously busy. Yes, the kids are sleeping a little later, but our days are filled. I think we’ve only been to the beach four times…which is totally unacceptable! So before another minute passes, here’s my Myrtle Beach summer bucket list.
- Spend as many days as possible staring at the big, blue Atlantic on the sand of the Myrtle Beach State Park.
- Attend a nature program (or ten) at the Myrtle Beach State Park
- Ride the Sky Wheel
- Go to a free kids movie at Grand 14 at Market Common
- Read books, and when I’m done, read more books
- Eat outside at Creek Ratz on the inlet
- Go to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game
- Watch a sunrise over the ocean
- Watch a sunset over the inlet
- Spend a day at Myrtle Waves
- See the fireworks at Broadway at the Beach
- A free Friday night movie at Valor Park
- Eat a “Love it” sized cake batter ice cream with brownies and almonds mixed in from Cold Stone Creamery. Oddly specific, I know, but it never fails me.
- Do a Saturday morning surf lesson with the folks from Island Inspired Surf Shop.
- Find a really big shark tooth!
What’s on your list?
Want to read more? Check out the latest on the Myrtle Beach for Families blog.